Operations Support Specialist
Who are we?
Soprano Design is a multi-award-winning cloud communication company and a leading provider of intelligent and secure business mobile messaging software solutions for enterprises and governments worldwide. Our explosive global growth in recent years is a direct result of Soprano’s continued focus on global enterprise customer needs.
We want you!
We are seeking an Operations Support Specialist based out of our Singapore Office. This is a professional technical operations support role focused on Soprano systems maintenance (web service, email, internet, phones, desktop support), ongoing customer services and customer demonstration and training.
The Operations Support Specialist operates re-actively to handling customer queries and providing telephone and web technical support and training to customers as directed by management and meeting Soprano quality and schedule expectations. Operations Support Specialist proactively monitors systems to detect issues before customers notice them.
- Maintain and operate online services provided by Soprano
- Provide telephone or web technical support to Soprano's customers
- Provision new customers onto Soprano services and platforms
- Maintain and track support tickets
- Maintenance of the enterprise applications running Linux operating systems.
- Maintenance of the proactive Monitoring of Soprano platforms
- Maintenance of office equipment including desktops, network, servers, fax, phones and printers
- Maintenance of Soprano data centre environments and equipment
- Testing of Soprano’s products on new platforms
- Inform the Operations Manager of operations, support and execution issues
- Maintenance and upgrade of Soprano software deployments
- Use and administer Operational tools such as JIRA, Nagios, DNS Wiki, Hosting provider tools (which include AWS, RackSpace), Office 365 , and Soprano product scripts.
- Update and Maintain internal and external Knowledge Base to help train and distribute knowledge internally and assist customers deal with operations without calling Soprano Support
- Perform problem isolation and resolution, using system software and diagnostics tools.
- Ensure Support Services Level meets Customer Satisfaction goals.
- Participate in the 24/7 Customer Support roster as scheduled
- Learn to use Soprano Monitoring, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting tools which include TCPDump, Wireshark, SQL explain, AppDynamics, Nagios, JIRA, and Linux commands
- Provide feedback to improve Soprano products and solutions to reduce customer reliance on Soprano Operations
- Participate in industry forums e.g. Apache, LUG, IBM Partner Program or professional body
- Provide input to the Operations Manager on technology choices and approaches.
- Learn to use, configure and operate with Soprano adopted technologies which currently include Java, Linux,, Websphere, DB2, Nginx, Apache products, Atlasian products.
- Reporting including: team progress, time tracking, monthly reports, support incident reports