Dr Richard Favero speaks on the future of Mobile Enterprise Messaging (SMS and MMS) and the ways that mobile operators can improve customer relationships and eliminate price sensitivity to improve margins.
Who and What
Dr Richard Favero, CEO and founder of Soprano Design, a leading developer of mobile enterprise messaging and wireless software, will speak at the Mobile World Congress 2009. Dr Favero will speak on “How Operators can Profit from Mobile Enterprise Messaging” On Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 3:00pm.
Favero will address the current and future challenges of SMS and MMS message aggregation for mobile operators and how mobile operators can avoid disenfranchisement from their enterprise customers.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- Trends for enterprise and government customer usage and adoption of mobile messaging
- Who is serving enterprise and government customers for their messaging needs
- Risks with pursuing a wholesale access model only
- How mobile operators can add value to the core SMS and MMS bearers
- Deepening relationships, increasing value and making customers sticky
- Why mobile operators are selling software with messages and not the other way around
- Overview of an Mobile Network Operator’s implementation
Dr Favero has a history of bridging the business problem with the solution for mobile network operators. Dr Favero brings his research skills and analysis to construct outcomes that are clear and improve gross margin for all customers. The acknowledgement that “software as a service” will drive mobile operator value for the enterprise and government customers have ensured that Soprano maintains it leadership for this market. Prior to Soprano, Dr Favero worked for Telstra Corporation, Singtel Optus, and provides high-level strategic consulting services for technology adoption, corporate impacts of technology to blue chip companies and commercialisation services to early stage technology companies.
Where and When
2009 Mobile World Congress
February 16-19, 2009
Session ID: TEC-201
Session Title: Future Messaging – How Operators can Profit from Mobile Enterprise Messaging
Speaker: Richard Favero, CEO and Founder, Soprano Design, and Ross Fielding, Executive Director Mobility Product and Services, Telstra
Location: Fira Montjuic, Barcelona, Spain
Time: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 3:00pm