In this day and age, with customer service moving increasingly online, consumers face new challenges in communicating with companies and resolving issues or complaints. At the same time, customer experience has become a key brand differentiator and predictor of business success.
With this in mind, it is more crucial than ever for businesses to implement an effective communication strategy that ensures an engaging and satisfying customer experience. With a third of customers saying they would potentially switch to another brand after just one poor customer service experience, the stakes are high!
Increasing customer engagement (and satisfaction) with voice messaging
As we know, greater customer engagement drives greater customer satisfaction. But there are certain challenges inherent to common communication methods. For example, text messages have character limits. Call centres are expensive to run. Emails have a relatively low open rate.
Voice Broadcast Messaging (VBM) helps combat these challenges by enabling businesses to cost-effectively deliver messages through pre-recorded audios or text-to-speech messages, as well as text, while recipients interact through their phone’s keypad. With a response rate of 90%, voice messaging is an effective means of increasing engagement and providing a positive customer experience.
Businesses today are using voice messaging in a number of key ways:
- Confirmation, cancellation and rescheduling of appointments: The appointment information is delivered to recipients using a voice call.
- Improving customer relationships: Use generic or personalized voice calls to share offers, vouchers, encourage loyalty and build a stronger relationship with your customers.
- Satisfaction surveys: Do efficiently survey to customers who have recently used your product or service, use a voice call to take the survey and rate the service through the telephone keypad.
- Anti-fraud: Voice is a strong mechanism to deliver OTP when SMS is not possible.
- Emergency plans: Your emergency plans must contain all communication channels avaiable to reach and respond as fast as possible.
Voice can be used in bulk to communicate an incident instantly and accurately and to let people know what actions to take.
How Soprano helps clients reap the biggest benefits from voice messaging systems
The success of VBM depends on clearly defining who, when and what the organization wants to deliver through it.
It is also imperative to find a consultant who guides the implementation with suitable knowledge of how best to apply the technology to deliver the best outcomes. As a cloud-based mobile communications provider, Soprano Design offers this expertise and helps our clients achieve optimal benefit from their voice messaging systems.
We have developed a wide number of capabilities and features within the Soprano Connect platform that allow VBM to be applied in multiple use cases, within an ecosystem that includes other mobile communication channels such as SMS, RCS, OTT and email applications.